Friday, April 10, 2009

Spicy Sweet-Potato Fries!

By popular demand, here is the recipe for our famous and delicious
Spicy Sweet-Potato Fries:

Preheat oven to 450
Place 1 Large Sweet Potato, peeled and cut into shoe-strings (1/4" strips)
in a Large Ziplock Bag.
Add:
Some Olive Oil
Lots of Salt and Pepper
Lots of Chili Powder
Some Cumin
Lots of Red Pepper Flakes
Lots of Tabasco/Hot Sauce
Some Sriracha HOT Chili Sauce (found in our "foreign foods" section)

Seal bag, shake 'til evenly coated.
Spread evenly on a baking sheet.
Cook for 10 minutes, stir/flip, then for an additional 10 minutes (or until warm and soft all the way through).

Janie calls them "Fire fries," but I think they could be hotter. Found a way to improve my recipe? Let me know!
-DAve

6 comments:

Tricia said...

Much better template. The green is less abrasive.

Sarah Blackwell said...

thanks so much for posting this recipe... I am trying it right now as we speak! just finished cutting up the sweet potato. Will let you know how they turn out!

DAve and JAnie said...

I'm eagger to hear! Let me know!

Sarah Blackwell said...

We LOVED them! They were fantastic! I put a lot of tabasco so they were nice and spicy. A new fave... thank you Colvinsons for keeping our lives delicious with your great recipes!!!

rachel joy said...

I'm making these tonight, just without the ... um ... fire. A bit of garlic salt should spice it up enough for me.

Robyn said...

Dave do these turn out like french fries? Every time I try to make something like this it is just a mushy mess. any suggestions?