Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Coffee House

Hey All, DAve here.

I'd just like to take this opportunity to say that my wife is Awesome. Specifically, we had a C&C Coffee House at the church on Sunday and Janie basically put it together single-handedly. Awesome. She also presented the message, which was challenge and fun, generated a lot of discussion, and even got compliments from 2 seminary grads in attendance! Awesome! AAAANNNDDDD she played guitar, drum, and sang (into a microphone, no less) for the first time in public! And as if that wasn't enough, she did a fantastic job of it too.

Way to go Janers!

If I've neglected to mention other reasons why Janie is awesome, please add them on the comments section. =)

5 comments:

Claire Colvin said...

I think Janie is awesome because you could be having the crappiest day of your life and she would give you a huge hug, make you a cup of tea and talk you through it.

Plus she is also awesome because she has mad craft skillz.

hugs to you!
Claire

DAve & JAnie said...

thanks for the lovely compliment, and thanks dave for the post! Truth be told I totaly did not run the coffee house alone. I was not the only musician, and our friend, the pastery chef turned jet engine mechanic, made amazing food and organized all the music. I just showed up and imparted my vision!

Jodi said...

I think Janie's one of the most accepting people I know! Not sure why I'm talking in 3rd person...Janie, you're one of the most accepting people I know - that makes me want to be a better person.

Love you, Jodi

Mom Colvin said...

Janie you are multi-talented, warm, giving and the world hasn't seen yet all you will be - can't wait. You are awesome and we are so delighted to have you as part of our amazing family.

Love, Mary

Lori said...

I LOVE JANIE! :) Way to go on the coffee house, sounds amazing!