Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Coffee House

Hey All, DAve here.

I'd just like to take this opportunity to say that my wife is Awesome. Specifically, we had a C&C Coffee House at the church on Sunday and Janie basically put it together single-handedly. Awesome. She also presented the message, which was challenge and fun, generated a lot of discussion, and even got compliments from 2 seminary grads in attendance! Awesome! AAAANNNDDDD she played guitar, drum, and sang (into a microphone, no less) for the first time in public! And as if that wasn't enough, she did a fantastic job of it too.

Way to go Janers!

If I've neglected to mention other reasons why Janie is awesome, please add them on the comments section. =)

5 comments:

Claire Colvin said...

I think Janie is awesome because you could be having the crappiest day of your life and she would give you a huge hug, make you a cup of tea and talk you through it.

Plus she is also awesome because she has mad craft skillz.

hugs to you!
Claire

DAve and JAnie said...

thanks for the lovely compliment, and thanks dave for the post! Truth be told I totaly did not run the coffee house alone. I was not the only musician, and our friend, the pastery chef turned jet engine mechanic, made amazing food and organized all the music. I just showed up and imparted my vision!

Anonymous said...

I think Janie's one of the most accepting people I know! Not sure why I'm talking in 3rd person...Janie, you're one of the most accepting people I know - that makes me want to be a better person.

Love you, Jodi

Mom Colvin said...

Janie you are multi-talented, warm, giving and the world hasn't seen yet all you will be - can't wait. You are awesome and we are so delighted to have you as part of our amazing family.

Love, Mary

Lori said...

I LOVE JANIE! :) Way to go on the coffee house, sounds amazing!