Thursday, October 18, 2007

Important Banana Shrinky Dink Corduroy Bliss!

Important: Last night we received a letter in the mail stating that MB will pay for Corrina's second implant! She will hear with both ears! Thank you Lord, we are grateful! Isn't that the most wonderful pot/cooking dish you have ever seen?! Candace gave it to me for my birthday! It's the heaviest and wildest pot/dish I have ever seen! thanks love. As well, my friend Heather gave me a cupcake tree that holds sweet little cupcakes on delicious display! I am blessed!

Banana:

I found this Banana Cake recipe online and chose this one from the many posted because it only had 1/4 cup butter. That's pretty good for cake/cupcakes!

Banana Cake

This recipe is taken from an old, unidentified newspaper clipping, circa 1915.

One cup granulated sugar, 1/4 cup butter, 2 eggs (1 white kept for icing), 1/4 cup sour milk, 1 teaspoon soda, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 2 cups flour, a little salt, 3 very ripe bananas. Cream sugar, butter and egg yolks. Mash and beat the bananas until smooth and add to the mixture. Add the sour milk and soda then the flour, into which the baking powder and salt have been sifted. Lastly, fold in the well-beaten egg white. Bake in a fairly deep pan about 10 inches by 10 inches in a moderate oven for 25 minutes. --M. C. J.

I put my oven on 350 degrees and this seemed to work well. I believe I baked for about 20 minutes. I didn't actually set the timer, so do keep your eye on these if you bake them.

Shrinky Dink:
I spoke in the very last post (did you read it?) about a craft night I had with a girlfriend, Allison. She is a perfect crafting companion! We found inspiration in this book/website and then went from there (oh, the book is called Craftivity and I highly suggest you check it out from your local library!). I had trouble getting a good photo of it, but this is what we created.

Corduroy:
I had some red and designish corduroy fabric lying around and I just happened to buy this wonderful new sewing book so I had to try a few projects out! I made this tote bag
And this Heidi Headband. I love them both, but have much to learn about sewing straight!

So, that's the last of my craftiness for about 2 months!

6 comments:

Bertha said...

Ooh! I love your Bend the Rules sewing projects! Also, that pot is *awesome*!! Lucky!

dr riptide said...

Where is that fabulous apple pot from??

-Rachl

DAve and JAnie said...

The pot is probably from HomeSense as this friend goes there alot.. BUt i'm not 100% on that. Cute though... heavey... I need to make something in it still.. maybe apple cider just to christen it's appleness!

Claire Colvin said...

That is one of the *coolest* pots I have ever seen!

Love the necklace! How did you do it?

I am still thinking birthday present-ish thoughts for you. (In case you thought I forgot because it was weeks ago, I didn't.) I've had a couple of ideas that didn't pan out, but I am on the hunt for something fun and Janie-ish. (And less heavy than your apple pot 'cause I'd have to mail it)

Claire

Sue said...

hey deary,
looks like you had an awesome crafting time!!! oooh how fabulous... it feels like FOREVER since i've done some mommy crafts....and not just kiddie crafts....

oh well. there truly is a season for everything!

i LOVE the bag, the necklace-- your cuteness and carftiness are very inspiring! hahaha. PRAISE THE LORD that corrina will get her other implant!! wow fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!

love you guys. take care. su

Lori said...

Ya, 2nd implant is SO AWESOME! I'm so happy for you guys!
And your crafts are amazing - how do you manage to be a full time student and a full time mom, continue cooking and baking for the family, and do such cool things "on the side?!?" Good work!