Tuesday, October 09, 2007

I'm thankful for YOU


Our potluck was amazing. The food brought by friends filled our home with warm, sweet smells. An assortment of desserts were enjoyed by all with many happy "MmmmMmmm's" filling the room! There was more than enough food for everyone, and amazingly very few leftovers! Just the way it should be! I will make soup from the turkey carcass to make every little bit count! Here are the pictures of friends sharing delicious and sentimental moments together. I was so busy with dinner prep that I forgot to take pictures until after everyone had filled their plates, so the bowls look a little empty, but you get the idea of the feast!
My house was spic and span by the time everyone left. Actualy, they all took dish washing shifts. I think EVERYONE except Dave and I washed, dried or put away! Thanks Friends
Sarah!
A Happy Dave!
A wonderful Allison

Our leafy-o-natural decorations
Bre and Tricia
Corrina was the perfect little hostest-with-the-mostest... she handed cookies out to everyone, over and over again. Eventually someone told her no more cookies, than she started going around to everyone and wagging her finger at them, trying to tell them no more cookies! Instead of handing out cookies at this point she started eating them all herself!
Dig in: Allison, Bre, Edythe
Happy thanksgiving to you too Tricia! She means well!

Bre and Edythe
Karl (good friend from high school) and Dave (good husband from College!!!)
Candace, Tricia and Bre goofing around!

In other news I made Corrina a darling pom-pom hat for winter!

6 comments:

rachel joy said...

Fun party! Edythe! My McIvor Mall friend ... happy to see your shining face.

dr riptide said...

Looks like great fun! I saw your photos on Facebook as well. Mark seemed a bit sad that we didn't celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving. Ooops! I didn't even know it had come/gone. Hopefully he'll settle with my Thanksgiving next month.

Love you guys...

Bertha said...

Wow, that looks like it was such a fun Thanksgiving! I can't wait for our Thanksgiving next month! I know the baby won't remember it, but it will be fun anyway!

Sue said...

ooooooh looks like FUN!!!
love you guys.
su

Claire Colvin said...

Dave with a beard! Craziness but I think it works. LOVE Corrina's new hat. What a talented Mommy she has. Your Thanksgiving looks wonderful. Wish I could have been there.

Love,
Claire

Robyn said...

Janie, I would love the pattern for that wonderful hat you made Corrina! It looks great! Great ear covers, something you sure need in Winterpeg!

Hugs from our house to yours!