Saturday, July 21, 2007

The opposite of no sleep

I'm not so good at taking pictures of food, but i wanted to share this delicious breakfast that we cooked up last week. I almost don't want to share the recipe because then I could claim it as my own specialty, but since I found the recipes in other books I can't do that! The food you see is Healthy Pancakes, with Banana sauce (instead of butter and syrup), sprinkled with Hemp seed, which provide protein and healthy fats!


The healthy pancakes recipe is here, on another post I did! The whole wheat flour and wheat germ provide your body with many needed nutrients to charge you up for the day!
Banana Pancake Sauce: Squash up one or two Bananas, add a Tbsp of plain yogurt, some cinnamon, and a tsp or two of Brown sugar; blend and enjoy! You really will enjoy, i think!

I demand that you try these! Family, I will be making these when you are visiting, so you will get a sampling!

This morning Dave got out of bed at about 7:15. I stayed in bed, dreaming that I found amazing hooks and shelfs and other fun house stuff for the new place that we will probably be buying. It was a great dream! I kept waking up though and listening for Dave playing with Corrina. But, I heard nothing. She usually wakes us up at about 7:15, so seeming that it was 8:45 by the time I was done shopping in my head it was different to see her still asleep. Even odder, it is 9:35 and she is still snoozing. Now, just 2 days ago we again saw the doc for meds for yet another ear infection (this kid has a running streak of 1 per month!). After administering her first dose before her nap time she slept from 12:30 to 5pm! What a nap. Poor thing had not been sleeping for naps all week, nor had she been making it through the night with an comfort. I think she is playing catch up. I keep checking, she is still breathing!

We kept our house cool by keeping all blinds down and windows closed throughout the day, so when Corrina goes for a nap or night sleep she has a few blankets that she rolls around on. I always go in to lightly cover her after she is asleep. Just the other night I found this:

I thought maybe it was a fluke that she had wrapped her teddy up in all her blankets, but she did it three more time! I took the teddy and some blankets out eventually because I worry that she will wrap herself up and not know to make noise to call for help. Cutie though!

I have more school work to work on this weekend, so Dave and Corrina will go out this morning. By next thursday night I will be done my 'spring' distance ed course. Unfortunately monday the 30th I start a summer intensive course. This one will be in class, with people, with a rather funny prof, which I look forward to. That week Corrina is be cared for by friends, daycare, and Dave. When she is with Dave she gets to go to Church VBS! Good luck with naps there! Ha!

A house update: We have been praying very diligently that God would help us to know if this is the right house. We have been praying about the problems the house has, and about the neighborhood. We are praying for guidance and vision. Just last night Bre and I were on our way to a Harry Potter book release party but decided to take a detour to the house to see what the street is like on a Friday night at 10pm. We arrived and looked at the front yard again, when the neighbors pulled up and started looking at us suspiciously. We explained that we were thinking about moving in, which they were very excited about. They said they were thinking of going in and calling the cops because odd people were walking around a house! It's nice to know the neighbors would do that!
We asked about the neighborhood and they gave a full report, which was very very positive. Eventually they invited us in to their place because the bugs were getting us. They were a nice family, who had lived there one year and had great reports about the street. They told us that a lot of families lived on this block, that no one caused any trouble, there were never loud parties, and none of the recent crime had taken place there. We were very encouraged by this meeting and thank God so much for the chance to talk and the timing! I feel alot better about the place now!
We observed that indeed the street was very quiet, alot of lights were out, no one was sitting outside partying and making noise. Praise God for the way every seems to be falling into place!

1 comments:

Sue said...

hey girl- thx for the freedom comment!! very helpful, you are good at explaining things!

:)soooooooooooooo sweet about corrie wrapping up teddy!!