Thursday, October 04, 2007

A productive morning

Autumn, if I haven't already said this, is my very favorite season of the year! I love the smell in the natural air, I love the smell of cinnamon and nutmeg in my house, I adore the way the trees naturally turn bright, bold hues of brown, yellow and red, and I prefer to put on cozy clothes, scarfs and hats over a swimsuit any day, but above all I love the versatility of pumpkins and squash. You can find the recipe for the healthy living Pumpkin Cream Cheese loaf pictured here. Your loaf will be even better if you happen to have a toddler in your house. Go ahead and let them add way too much cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg!
If you're like me you just can't wait for the loaf to cool before sampling the first piece. While the piece may not look nice on the plate it will taste delicious fresh from the oven!

7 comments:

Sue said...

HEY I MADE THIS LOAF A COUPLE WEEKS AGO!!

it was a lovely piece of work. i gave it away though, so i didn't sample more than a tiny little piece!! :0 )

maybe i'll have to make it again, and eat it this time....

heehee.
thank you for the mac help.
you rock.
:)

Claire Colvin said...

MMmmmmmm that looks yummy! I had a day off tomorrow and I'm planning to spend the whole days stitching up a lovely Fall pillow. I might have to make some time in the schedule for baking pumpkin-something-nibblish. I can just smell this now....and I have cinnamon & nutmeg in my pantry.

ps I'm on my lunch break at work right now, reading, well reading when I'm not blogging and I've been using the beautiful bookmark you made for me in this book and the last one I read. It makes me smile.

Claire

Laurie said...

That looks delicious! I love all those smells in my house, too, in the fall. I am going to try this recipe soon! Thanks for sharing!

Hope your little "pumpkin" is doing well!

mammasita said...

that looks so good I just want to eat it all up I bet it was wonderful!!!

DAve and JAnie said...

Note to all.. the bread actually did taste better cold.. or at least i thought! We still have a few pieces left, but i don't think they will make it past today!

dr riptide said...

Oh, it looks so good! I'll definitely be trying to make it...I love anything 'pumpkin.' Mark and I have just moved into our new pad at Hoppers Crossing. It's nice. It will be just fine for a few months. My favourite part is that it's very close to the beach and to Melbourne, and since summer is right around the corner, well, we'll be that much closer to the action. Love you...

Anonymous said...

I made this a few weeks ago and boy is it yummuy. It was abig hit with my family.