Friday, August 05, 2005

A Poem for the Day

Dave and I had normal days at work. We are going to get our hair cut, together, because that's what lame, old, married people do. They can't even stand to get their hair cut apart. No, the truth is that we are just having a busy weekend, so we are trying to squeeze hair cuts in tonight. After we are newly chopped we are going to head over to Costco for a wonderful Whole Sale experience! We are having a youth service day tomorrow and we need to buy pop that the Youth can hand out to serve Winnipeg. Don't we have a nice youth group!! Everyone who reads this should join our party. Our youth love service days!!! After costco, where i am sure we will spend more than just the churches money, i am hoping we might be able to catch Willy Wonka, and still get to bed at a decent time.
Aren't you all glad that i Blogg all the boring details of my life? I don't think i will post any pictures of this Friday night adventure because i don't think anyone would care to see them! Anyway, hope i didn't waste too much of your time. In case i did, i want to make it up to you by wiggling your senses with a Poem:
Oh wait, forgot a small detail: we are going to have Split Pea with Ham Soup tonight! Homemade, but not by me!
On with the poem...

This poem is by Dennis Lee

The Muddy Puddle

I am sitting
In the middle
Of a rather
Muddy
Puddle,
With my bottom
Full of bubbles
And my rubbers
Full of mud,

While my jacket
And my sweater
Go on slowly
Getting wetter
As i very
Slowly settle
To the bottom
Of the mud

And i find that
What a person
With a puddle
Round his middle
Thinks of mostly
In the muddle
Is the muddi-
Ness of mud.

That's one of my fav's!

1 comments:

Claire Colvin said...

Excellent poem! I have wedding photos up on my blog now if you want to see:

Wedding pics on Claire's blog