Thursday, February 02, 2006

2 Weeks Old!!

I'm 2 Weeks Old!!
Can you believe it?? I hardly can. It feels like we just brought her home from the hospital. Wow, i have survived 14 nights (and days) with this cutie pie. Actually, she is a rather good sleeper at night. She actualy does a 5-6 hour stretch every night. Last night she had an amazing night!! Usualy she won't sleep until 2pm (and then does her 5 hr stretch), but last night she went to sleep at 10, didn't wake up until 1:30, went back to sleep at 4, and didn't wake up until 9:30ish!! Isn't that splendid. It is a blessing to have a good sleeper, and to have energy during the day! She makes such cute noises all the time, and really doesn't cry unless she has a gassy, sore tummy! She loves motion; the most soothing movement to her is up and down, up and down, so we do biscept curls with her and get a good workout!! She still eats alot (she will eat for like 2 hours... i know she isn't eating that whole time, more like sleeping half the time!!). Her eyes seem to get bigger and wider and more beautiful with every day that passes. She has endless funny expressions that she shares with us. We has seen little smiles, mostly when she's falling asleep or gassy, but we can't wait until she smiles in response to us!!! Chris and Mary are visiting with us until sunday and have been very helpful: sweeping, dishes, cooking, entertaining, holding and burping!! Well, enjoy the pictures, and leave a comment if you've stopped by; I LOVE READING THEM!!!
Adios from the Colvinson Clan (Corrina is the first true blood Colvinson!!)

This little red shirt (dress on her) was knitted by Auntie Candace! Cute Cute Cute!

Corrina likes to fall asleep in her swing!

Dad and Corrina rocking the day away!
This picture is about a week old. It was taken at her first bath!

7 comments:

Lori said...

I had started to think since you havn't blogged for a bit, that Corrina was not being a happy baby so you weren't getting ANY sleep at all and couldn't get to the computer. But I'm so glad to here that she's doing good and not keeping you up ALL the time, just a lot of the time. She is just terribly cute too. And big! She looks more than 2 weeks old, I think. But then again, my niece and nephew's have all been tiny babies.
Love to all! Lori

sgreig said...

Awww Janie she is sooooooo cute!!!! I love seeing the pictures you guys post. Im happy to hear that she is a happy baby. Hope you and Dave are also doing well and that she is allowing you two to get some sleep too!

Shannon

Robyn said...

Glad sleeping habits are good. Sleep is always needed. She is growing well. I hope all is well for you. I was getting worried that things were a bit hard, no blogs for a while. Glad to see you found the time to update us!

Claire Colvin said...

Yeah photos. I love the photos. So glad to hear that everyone is doing so well. (And yeah, the swing works!) Sleep is good and more sleep is even better. I am sooo excited that I get to come and hang out with you guys soon. So much fun!

Basking in the cuteness,
Claire

Sue said...

hihi, we love you guys, and what a darlin baby. oh my oh my. :) did you like the story we sent?? eheehe. i loved it, thought it was a good colvinson sort of book.

much love from us here in rainy-snowy-strange ontario.
you are going to be wonderful parents all the way along, enjoying your wee wittle wovely daughter more and mroe each day!

Anonymous said...

Hi Janie (and family). Just wanted to say congrats on your BEAUTIFUL little baby girl! It's been so long since we've talked but Teresa led me to your sight and I've enjoyed seeing your pictures and hearing your stories. Be back soon!!
Natalie (Muik) Fyfe

mammasita said...

The baby looks wonderful. I know just how excited you are about your little girl. I am the same way. Elaina just turned 6weeks old yesterday. I have just expereienced the first real smile. I was so excite. I am over joyed for you as well. as at this time it is the most wonderful momement in the world. with Babys firsts that is.