Sunday, July 09, 2006

Animation Nation!

Today I take a few small steps into a larger world. I've always said I wanted to be an animator, so I'm going to start doing some stuff. And it may never go anywhere, but hey, at least I'm trying. Janie and I are saving up a bit for a few computer upgrades so I can run some decent software. And after that, who knows, right?

This is basically just a test run for a larger "short" I'd like to do. It's rough, but fun. Right now it's 100% Pencil with no digital edits! Whoo hoo! We'll see how things go from here. Let me know what you think! -D

5 comments:

bre said...

dave, I am SOOOO proud of you! it took me awhile after we talked last night but then I figured out what you meant by "what we were talking about on our trip" in regards to animation and games and stuff, and that filled me with uber-joy. yay! i am pleased to be your friend!

Robyn said...

I love the shoes.. I want a pair...
Dave, it looks cool. I hope you can follow your dream and make things happen!!

Anonymous said...

Dave, that was awsome. I think that you will go very far. How did you do it? Did you draw a bunch of pictures and photograph them?

Claire Colvin said...

Dave, as always I am so impressed. I look forward to the day when I can oh-so-causually slip into conversations "Dave Colvinson, the animator, yeah, he's my brother."

To add to your animated glee, have you seen this little clip of David's Best Day Ever ? I found it linked to a friend of mine's blog and thought it was awesome.

Enjoy!
Claire

Claire Colvin said...

(ok the piece is actually "David's New Snail" not David's Best Day Ever. Whoops. And Blogger won't let me edit my comment so I had to just add another one. Still a great little piece of sillyfun.)