Friday, October 06, 2006

Here are some pictures from our week. Dave has been enjoying the series "Firefly", a very interesting sci-sfi series that is almost like cowboys in space. I really like it as well, and am very surprised by this. Today, Friday, Corrina is a little cranky with a runny nose. I am hoping she is teething again and not developing a cold because we fly away to BC tomorrow. I am not looking forward to 4 hours on a plane with her on my lap. She is so wiggly these days and just want to play on the floor. Please pray that she feels better by tomorrow, and that she can find enough things to keep her busy on my lap. I am definately packing lots of medicine, my nose sniffer, and toys toys toys... oh and food, lots of little snacks! I am super excited to see lots of friends and family!
If you think of Dave this week please pray for him as well, or give him a phone call and hang out with him. I am sure he will find things to occupy his time (i am leaving him a list of to dos!), but i know he would appreciate company too!
Enjoy the photos!




I made a new pair of shoes for her little Feet!
















All ready for an afternoon walk in the chilly air













Our Street Corner looking onto Broadway!





















Our visitors: Keyra and baby Elaina!












On our walk we went to visit Daddy at Church!












Lots of Beautiful trees in the church yard!
This is the Legislative building that we live beside. We can see it from our parking spot and from many spots throughout the city. Dave loves the fountain that flows all summer and shots water very high:

21 comments:

Robyn said...

Wonderful shoes! I love them! They look so cute!
Glad so see the pics. I miss Winnipeg!
Dave, good luck with your board game. We will be praying for you.

Janie, how bad that I see a pic of my sis and babe on your blog, and not hers!
Hugs from our family to yours!

Anonymous said...

great pictures! enjoy your time out here in beautiful bc!!!

rachel joy said...

So creative with the shoes, Janie girl. How do you come up with these things?

For your airplane ride, maybe she'd be better sick.
Lots of medicine makes airplane rides go by faster.

I love that church! I used to go past it on purpose just to look at the door. I even took a picture of it before I moved away so I could remember it forever. Makes me want to dig up that picture. Oh my friend, enjoy your beautiful old city. And enjoy your trip to your home town city.

Claire Colvin said...

Yeah you're coming to see me!! (I am a teensy little bit excited :) I love the shoes. There is some serious talent in the house of Colvinson. Can't wait to see what the littlest Colvinson will create in her time.

Dave I hope the week goes quickly for you and you have your girls back in your arms before you know it.

much love,
Claire

Claire Colvin said...

Also wanted to say quickly that I LOVED Firefly. Joss Whedon spins one heck of a tale. Have you seen the movie they did after the show got cancelled? Good times.

Lori said...

Makes me miss Winnipeg too! There's just no old buildings in Alberta cause we're such a baby province compared to Manitoba. Great pictures!

maria enns said...

hey you wonderful people!!!
so I haven't been on here in FOREVER - so I am trying to make a strong comeback today! woo hoo!!
anyhow - Janie: I am SO SORRY I missed your birthday, Dave definitely tried to contact me, and because I am an ENTIRE loser - I did not call him back to say that I couldn't make it - but then I didn't even call, or email, or ANYTHING, and I knew it was your birthday. You can fire me. I am sorry.
I LOVE FALL - and so I am in love with all of your pictures! Wowza!!! So lovely... I am jealous you leave downtown Broadway. OH! There are these AMAZING condos for sale, on Broadway and Carlton... they are SO AMAZINGLY beautiful, and if Adrian was willing to live more downtown, and we had that much money... I'd BE THERE baby!!! You should see them. So gorgeous. Unfortunately I don't remember the website, or realtor, or anything. So I can't even suggest you go see them. he he he...
OH WELL!

kay. Talk to you sooN!
much love!
Kiss the baby for me! yay!

mariajane.

Sue said...

THOSE SHOES ARE SOOOOOOOO GORGEOUSLY BEAUTIFUL AND DAZZLING!!

WOW. THAT IS A WONDEROUS USE OF ENERGY! :) YOU ARE INSPIRINGLY CREATIVE.

loves.

Aly said...

thats a very cute pic of my sister and Elaina... i miss seein picz of her! thankz for havin one up!

Claire Colvin said...

Hey Dave,

Just wanted to say that I had a great day with your family today and they are doing really well.

Wish you were here too.

Claire

Matt said...

firefly=amazing.
-Matt

DAve and JAnie said...

Dang Straight, Matt!
When I grow I'm going to be an interplanetary cowboy pirate!

Corinna said...

very cute shoes! I'm impressed!

Claire Colvin said...

Hi Dave (yes it must be my week for leaving a 1001 comments on your blog) just wanted to let you know that there are photos of your girls on my blog. They're coming home soon (yeah for you!) but this might help tide you over in the mean time.

Claire

dr riptide said...

Hi Janie! Hope you're having a nice time in BC. I was wondering if you might be able to help me with some fun Christmas craft ideas I could use for a girl's work Christmas get-together. There's would only be 4-6 of us total. I've enjoyed seeing other crafts you've made. Hope all is well!

Love,

Rachel

Tricia said...

DAve you never responded to my last email!

Tricia

Claire Colvin said...

Two whole weeks and no Colvinson news. . . . .I'm going into withdrawl.

Good thing this post has lots of pictures for me to gaze at :)

Claire

Tammy said...

so, i think it is about time to see a new post of this blog.!!!

rachel joy said...

So here's my question since I've been reading the same post over and over and over again, and I'm now reading the comments over and over and over again. Are you "Colvin" or "Colvinson". Are you 'son' because you are the son of the Colvins? And sister Claire is just Colvin because she's not a son?

Tricia said...

Well in case they never blog again, I can explain the last name thing. They are Colvinson, because Dave was a Colvin, and Janie was a Davidson... so they merged their last names to make a new one.

Tricia

What is wrong with you guys? I've never seen you not blog for over two weeks. Is there some crisis I am unaware of?

rachel joy said...

ah, so clever. so janie.