Thursday, May 24, 2007

Round Here

...which, if your interested, is one of my all time fav (counting crows) songs.

I just love this tray. I found it at Ikea.


A friend gave us this Kitchen cart because she redid her entire kitchen and didn't need it anymore. It really helps in the space! I love baking by it because everything is accessible and tidy too.

Forgive my horrendous photos of Corrina. I have to snap quickly else she bullets over for the camera.


I made the very best oatmeal chocolate chip muffins today from one of my loneyspoons cook books (guilty confession: I made them yesterday too, and we ate them all, so I made more today. We did share a few...)


I can't leave everyone these delicious pictures without posting the recipe, now can I? So...

Oatmeal Choco-Chip Muffins (p. 53, LooneySpoons Cookbook):
1 1/4 cups oatmeal
1 1/2 cups boiling water
**Pour over oats, stir and let sit for 20 minutes
In the meantime...
Combine
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup unpacked brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
** stir these dry ingredients together
In another bowl combine
2 egg whites
1/4 cup pureed canned peaches (seriously, i just used apple sauce... 1/2 made very moist muffins!)
1/4 c. marg or butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
*mix together, then add to oatmeal... mix very well then add to flour mixture
The batter will be VERY thick. Stir until all ingredients are moistened, then add 1/2 cup (yeah right, like I didn't add more!) Chocolate Chips!
bake at 325 for 20-25 minutes

I am in love with mini muffins, so I make one tray of these, one tray of normal, then about a half tray more of mini...

6 comments:

Tricia said...

WHAT!!! Pam gave you the kitchen cart?? What if I wanted it??

Just kidding, I'm glad you can make use of it. It was an excellent fixture at our Carter home. I will miss it, but I suppose I can always make visits to your house to see it.

These are the simple things I miss out on when I decide to leave for a year. Silly Tricia.

Robyn said...

I can't wait to try out your recipe! They look so yummy!

Lori said...

Oh, yummy! I want to reach into the computer and grab those muffins!

Pam said...

Thanks for sharing your muffins. They were as good as they looked!!! Thank God I didn't have to save that cart for Trish. I would of had it even longer in my living room!!!

Sue said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......
those look fabulous!!

miss you guys...this weekend would have been great to get together and go to the art walk withthe kids!! :)

maybe one day...
:)

Claire Colvin said...

MMMMmmmmmm muffins!

I can't believe it's only a couple of days until Corrie hears. That's so crazy.

Claire