Monday, September 24, 2007

The past month


Here I am at the computer equipped with words to write about the past month.
Our month began with a family reunion in Winnipeg at our small apartment! Mom and Dad Colvin arrived before everyone else and helped us with some much needed apartment improvements, as well as basic cleaning and prep for the arrival of the rest of the Colvin's!
Here are some photo's highlighting the time we had together!





Dave had the brilliant idea of having an all-Holidays dinner with the a Turkey and all the works, including decorations:




I don't have a picture of the outing but the all the girls set out one afternoon to paint ceramics! It was neat to sit together and see the creativity come out of my family members! Everything turned out beautifully (the girls haven't seen their pieces yet so they will have to trust me on this one)! I think while we were painting the guys were racing cars and I heard it rumored that Dad actually got up to the highest speed (correct me if i'm wrong)!




It was really great to play, bake, eat, talk, laugh, and shop! We also had family photos done, which I am very excited to pick up in a day or two!

Thanks everyone for your visit with us. Claire, I hope your new place is coming together in a new and fresh way. Mark and Rachel, we hope you are feeling more settled and making new connections daily. Mom and Dad, we hope you are still finding time to relax together with you new busy schedules. As for us, Corrina and I are sick, Dave is so busy with his art class, youth group, and other church responsibilities, and everyone keeps asking if Corrina got a hair cut. She didn't!

This is turning into a LONG post, so I better get some good comments!
My birthday also passed last week! Thanks to friends and family for making it a special day/weekend. Dave and I went square dancing at Bre's church's Annual square dance! It was a hoot. I wish I could join a square dancing troop without being mercilessly mocked! Dave gave me some fabulous presents for my birthday: a lovely serving tray (picture to come), candles, some delicious liquor (bailey's, and melond liquer), an itunes cd, a gift card for a book store, and a Mystery science 3000 movie! I also had a very meaningful lunch with my friend Allison and enjoyed our time together dinning, shopping and talking!

And lastly, we went to look at another north end housing project house, on a very lovely street (although the surrounding neighbors hoods are quite scary), with a big yard! The house has three bedrooms, a drywalled basement with no cracks or problems, an open concept kitchen and living room (well, there is a halfwall between the two so one can see the living room from the kitchen), a small dinning area, a big bathroom upstairs, and a half bathroom on the main floor. The kitchen is a great shape and size, the living room is a little less than we have now, but there is potential for doing more with the basement! The house has a high efficiency furnace, new windows, new electrical (very nice light fixtures), and is very modern looking! We are currently trying to decide if we want to make an offer to purchase.

12 comments:

Robyn said...

Janie, looks like you have had a very busy month!
I love your plates, where did you get them?
I hope that your house hunting keeps going well, I know how hard it is to do, but the Lord is with you during this time, and will guide you all the way.
Hugs from our house to yours!

Lori said...

Great update!!

Sue said...

aawwwwwww
so glad you had a fun family reunion!!
Corrie looks so happy and playful !! :)as usual!!

that house sounds like a great place to start out in! wow, wouldn't that be exciting? to decorate your very own walls??? i can't wait to see what sort of wall designs you would do!!

hey, did you see the wall decal section of threadless?? check 'er out!
su

Claire Colvin said...

Yeah photos and long posts! I finally got internet set back up here so there are more photos and another long post over at my blog. You have some amazing shots in this post. I'm going to have to steal a few of them.

Thanks again for hosting all of us crazy people at your place. I enjoyed myself so much. Are you guys still coming west for Thanksgiving? If so, let me know if you'd have time for coffee or lunch or dinner or whatever.

Claire

mammasita said...

Hey Janie, Ive been waiting for a post hehehe, Glad things are going well. Hope the house hunting turns out good. I will be moving Nov 1st, I got into Manitoba housing Im so excited. I cant wait. Corrin sure looks like she had fun having everyone over,

take care

Mom Colvin said...

Awesome job on the photos Janie! Loved looking at all of us having a fun time together - sigh!

love, Mom XX

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a very busy month!! Love all the photos!

DAve and JAnie said...

Thanks for all the thoughts and comments. Still house hunting.. nothing is feeling quite right yet... but soon it will we have faith!Buttons

derek salmon said...

great pictures! looks like a very fun family visit and time of celebrating. i like the idea of the all-holiday celebration.
corrina is very darling and so cute. i'm very happy for claire to have had some good auntie time with her!

dr riptide said...

what great memories! thanks for posting the photos. any more moves in regards to that house?

dr riptide said...

Another great post. It was great to hang out with you guys again. Too bad, it's not more often! We are starting to settle, it just takes time. We have to buy a car in the next week or two so pray for us about that with us.
Mark

Dr. Coopernicus Who said...

did someone say MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER??!!??!??!