Thursday, March 06, 2008

Way back when

Let's go back to valentine's day (has it really been that long.. wow... let's just say Big, Long, Important-for-the-rest-of-my-future-as-a-social-worker(hopefully) Papers!)
Thanks for the stickers in the mail claire! Corrina put them all over her, and papers, and teddies... it was very fun!

And of course how can you have valentines day without sugar free whole wheat hearty pancakes! To make hearts, or any shapes for that matter, you dribble batter off a teaspoon into the skillet in the shape you want your cake to be, then fill it in carefully with batter! In other words, make an outline.. that's it!My mom came to visit and I didn't take enough photos with my camera because I was using hers to take them all. Ops. But this one is really nice.. Can it be, am I actualy shorter than my very short mother (yes, I measure in at a whooping 5'2")???? The funny thing was that my mom didn't know she was short. We had a whole conversation about how she thought she was average.. Hate to break it to ya mom, but, well, we're short!

So, does anyone remember when I eagerly sewed this for Corrina???? She was, just under one, and it was HUGE on her.. ha ha ha, i tried. Well, I am so excited that it finally fits! Maybe I will try the sewing things again this summer!Corrina had her "First Hair Cut"... but it was really only a bang cut, so i'm not sure if that counts... But we did put the hair in an envelope!



She looks much better now that she isn't pushing little wispy bangs out of her eyes all day long!

We are still loving our house, and finally have only about 5 more essential boxes to unpack.. there are loads in the basement that we will pick away at, but that will take years! Our next biggest task is to continue to make our house energy smart, and winter proof.. just haven't made it to that darn hardware store yet this week! We were in a minor car accident.. rearended... but that has taken up most of our time. Our car is written off, we are just awaiting our settlement, and praying that it will be something decent. We will negotiate for more if its not suitable, but we just want the process to work out well. Both dave and I have funny backs (corrina was there too and it hardly phased her!) which are taking time to heal, not to mention the numerous chiro appointments (no worries mark, corrina is seeing the chiro too!). But, we love our Chiro Doc so it's nice to see her, and I always feel much better aftewards. Actualy, sitting here at the computer desk is just killing my back, so I am going to sign off now!

4 comments:

Sue said...

my goodness a lot has happened to y'all in the last little while. i hope and pray that your backs return to proper health and position soon. yiipppppeeee for chiropractic care and natural ways of becoming healthier!!
Corrina's hair is super sweet! she is growing up so much - she looks like a little lady now!! :)

we will pray for your car situation.
su

Mom Colvin said...

Great photos of all of you. Judy looks really well and obviously had a good visit.

Love Corrina's bangs, they really suit her.

Glad you have got some of your papers done. Roll on end April when the semester will be over.

love to you all, we'll visit later in the year once school is done.

love Dad & Mom XX

DAve and JAnie said...

Thanks for the thoughts, and prayers, and promises of visits! can't wait!

Amanda Barkey said...

hey Janie! I dont know ifyou remember me (or if we have had this convo before) but I am a friend of candis' and I remember you! Anyways, I stalk your blog quite regularily & wanted to comment- I LOVE that dress- i remember when you made it I thought it was super cute, glad she finally fits into it. Cant wait to see pic of your house all unpacked!!! Also- I have a really good trick for making pancakes into shapes- if you get one of those old fashioned ketchup or mustard bottles like the ones they have in diners amd squeeze out the batter (if its runny enough) out of there you can make some pretty sweet shapes! I have had to cut the hole in the top of the bottle bigger so the batter could get through but it works better than dribbling it off a spoon- although I have done that too :) I was noticing the pic of you and your hubby in that post when you sewed the dress to now- both of your hair looks so different, you are lucky that you can look great with short or long hair! anyways- love the blog!!